Old 11-10-18, 06:56 PM
5kdad

Bikes: Felt Z100 road bike, Schwinn Frontier, Salsa Marrakesh, box-store tandem, and Sun Recumbent trike.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Do you sometimes feel like you hate your bike?

Ok, maybe "hate" is not the right word, but there's been times when I've been out on a long ride, and I ask myself, "Why am I out here doing this?" Your muscles hurt, you are hot or cold. There's other things you need to be doing.
Ever what to throw your bike into the ditch?
But I think cycling may be my medicine. It calms much of what bothers me. But like a drug, it's effect is short lived, and I need more in a day or two. Once a long ride is over, I feel refreshed all over. Much of my body aches and pains seem to subside. My mind feels fresher, more clear, more positive, more excited about what I've just accomplished.
I may have met someone that day on a rest stop, or stopped to visit with someone along the road that was a pleasant experience.
But I don't intend to imply that the cycling experience is drudgery. There are times when you are pedaling, a gentle breeze blows in your face and all is well with the world. The endorphins kick in and you have peace in your mind. But often time, the hardest part of the ride is just getting motivated, to get from the couch to the bike. Once there, all is well.
Most of the time, I do enjoy my bike rides. But the biggest joy comes from the over all feeling I have, once the ride is over. I've biked border-to-border across a state 4 times. I can recall a few times on those rides, when I thought about throwing in the towel. But what wonderful memories I have of those efforts!
Anyone else relate?