View Single Post
Old 02-24-19, 07:47 PM
Ericoschmitt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
Another thing about speed is, not all recumbents ARE faster than road bikes. There's this tendency to treat all recumbents as if they were the same, and they're just not. If you want a fast one, it'll need to be light, stiff, and aero. The biggest factors in aerodynamics are to recline the seat and keep the feet in front of the rider, not below. Your feet will be in your field of view. Stiff and light are somewhat mutually-exclusive. I think the boom is where you need to pay special attention to stiffness, since it's usually not triangulated. My Baron has a 60mm main tube, and still I can feel the power NOT getting to the road when I pour it on.
I know that. I managed to find some used recumbents for sale here in Brazil but they look to be lower end stuff and not very fast. Except one but it's on the other side of the country, here: https://ce.olx.com.br/fortaleza-e-re...leta-585063383 looks like double 700c wheels and steel frame. I might be able to swap the handlebars for something narrower and lower for a nice tuck. Still would make the shipping cheaper than importing. But honestly, I can draw a plan for a frame better than that and get it custom built.

BTW I got an answer from Performer and a lowracer frameset would cost me 1150+150shipping. Put the ridiculous brazilian taxes on top of that and it makes more than double of what I was expecting to spend on the whole bike. I was expecting that... thats why building is my first option.

The other bikes I found here are touring / leisure style, underseat steerer... none of what I want.