View Single Post
Old 03-07-19, 05:51 AM
Kaben

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by carleton
Even though this is an old thread, chains don't change that much. I'm sure that the chains mentioned here are all still just as valid as they were before.

There is talk of some riders using Dura Ace 3/32" road chains for weight reasons. So, that may be new. But, I don't know much about that. It was mentioned in another thread.
That’s fair enough regarding the tech not changing a lot.

On my other point though - is the “standard” Izumi chain the same as the eco which is mentioned in the beginning of this thread?
I can’t see the eco chain referenced anywhere or on the Izumi site. Is it possibly named differently in the states? ( or had its name changed?)

I have one of these standard chains which came in a green packet ( see pic). Is this the same as the "eco" which you refer to as a reference chain in your original post Carleton?
The reason i ask is that the standard chain on the izumi site is described as : "The ordinary chains which conform to international standards and are widely used in baby carriages,
sports cycles, minibicycles,etc." and i want to make sure im not going out sprinting with something not up to the task. Whilst im unlikely to ever break a chain the peace of mind is definitely beneficial to performance. ( i would rather not use the super toughness chains as they are very expensive and id have to buy two, one for big chainring combos and one for smaller - the dropouts on my Dolan DF4 are too short to be able to use a long chain for all combos).

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Kaben; 03-07-19 at 05:57 AM.