View Single Post
Old 03-09-19, 12:00 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,928 Times in 2,553 Posts
This is your crotch. Sounds like the Cobb is a good fit for you. They would drive me nuts as I am an old ex-racer who thrives on saddles where i can slide forward and back and use every inch of it. Selle Italias were that saddle until I changed. I went thorough a few years of the "dark ages" then discovered the Specialized Body Geometry Comp with its full length groove. I could ride again! Now all my good bikes sport Terry Flys (probably made by Selle Italia) with a cutout and a lesser groove.

But like others said, this is your journey. Consider calling a few shops up and asking if they have loaner policies or good return policies. A shop here in Portland has a "library". ~25 saddles. Pay $25 for a library card and take out any saddle for a week. You can do this as many times as you want once you have the card. Find "that" seat. They sell you a boxed one and refund your $25.

Ben