Old 06-17-19, 04:51 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18320 Post(s)
Liked 4,489 Times in 3,338 Posts

No Photos of the actual bike yet?

Originally Posted by game_player_s
Sorry it took so long to get back to this. So I finally asked about it, and turns out the rickshaw is on consignment
So yeah, asking price is a whopping $4,000. Also he has the roof with it, which is in pretty good shape,

"It's unrealistic, but the thing has been attracting a lot of customers so I haven't pressed him to reconsider on it.".
The value of "window dressing" may well be worth more than the space, especially if someone else carries the capital investment.

Perhaps that is the reason why 40 year old NOS bikes occasionally pop up with one side completely sun bleached, and the other side pristine.

I think there are many issues here. Importing a bike like that from south Asia could be a major hassle and rather expensive unless one could pack a connex box with 50 of them.

As a "work bike", it could well be worth $4K, if it had adequate gearing, good seat, etc. On the other hand, it could require a complete rebuild. Nonetheless, you could probably rebuild the rear-end with a NuVinci, and perhaps add Electric Assist for not that much.

The problem is that most of us aren't doing the pedicab thing, and it would be an expensive toy and conversation piece rather than a profit generating work bike.

Thus, the value to the average buyer plummets, especially if space is an issue.