View Single Post
Old 06-30-19, 10:34 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
Excellent seeing the weight loss. I started on March 7th at 282lbs and just hit 256 yesterday. I have been stuck a couple of times but I keep adhering to my food diary (myfitnesspal) and try to remember accurately all the food and exercise. I actually had to downrate the calorie burn from exercising because I was not losing weight and my food diary was accurate. That was a bummer because I went from old man strong guy to old man. However I ride almost every day and try to do a 10mile ride once a day along with long walks. I recently suffered a bout of prostatitis brought on by lowering my handlebars on my bikes and not adjusting the seat angle to match. At the same time I started taking a drug designed to allow better urination called flomax. This drug caused my undercarriage to become sensitive to pressure and this started the prostatitis. The pain and ill feelings associated with the bruising of the taint area was excruciating. This went on for a week and a half before it cleared up. I realized early on that my bicycle seat horn was causing this issue and stopped riding my upright bicycles. I have since changed over to hornless bicycle seats. The best one so far is the Spongy Wonder seat from Canada. It is pretty good and I am riding it regularly. Hornless seats are weird to ride at first but do not touch anything and that is a great feeling in and of itself. I'm sorry to hear about your shingles. My wife went through a bout of this about 20 yrs ago and it was pretty bad. It is a form of chicken pox as I recall that we get because our chicken pox vaccination from childhood is no longer adequate. Ah the wonders of growing old. I wish you a rapid recovery from shingles. My wife and I both got a chicken pox booster shot given to older folks just so they don't get this. My blood pressure is slowly going down as I lose weight. I'm at 140/80 or so and taking 4 drugs trying to control it. I'm committed to losing much more weight because of all the medication I take. I'm mystified as to why I let myself get so heavy but have a positive attitude going forward. Keep up the good work. Keep riding and exercising. Love your posting and your positive attitude.