View Single Post
Old 10-23-19, 10:01 AM
Noctilux.95

Bikes: Bianchi Oltre XR4 Celeste, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Giant TCR SL, Giant Revolt Advanced Revolt 0 Gravel Bike, Trek Madone SLR, Cervelo R5 Disk

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Jno
Preamble: For me, one of life’s contests is to get the best deal on the best thing, at the right time. As a result, I tend to deliberate for a long time before I spend money on expensive bike toys (also because I’m cheap). I notice folks here tend to talk about their successful purchases and/or the qualities they liked less in the alternatives.

Question for the forum: what is a memorable bike purchase that turned out to be one you regret?

For me, I bought an Infinito after testing every endurance bike model I could. I love it, but after I had it about two or three weeks I saw an Oltre xr4 on the road and realized I wished I’d considered, tried it, because clearly the grass looks greener over there. I’ve never stopped regretting the oversight.
Like you, I would have regretted buying an Infinito over an XR4 every moment after purchase. That is why I ride an XR4 instead