View Single Post
Old 01-20-20, 06:00 AM
DJJK1967

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Two further updates from me,
I sent an email to BMC asking them how long it would take if I wanted to buy a fork for my bike and this is the reply

"If you order a new fork now, it will be delivered in mid-March or later.
As already mentioned, we could not prepare for the recall and the fork has to be produced again.
Sincerely yours
Your BMC Switzerland team"

The second update is the local BMC dealer here in Spain contacted me to inform me that BMC are starting to ship the forks now and that they hope to be in contact with me in the next couple of weeks to replace my fork

My own feeling is BMC have handled this very badly, if they really wanted to they could have had this recall sorted by now. They are not "re-engineering" a new fork for our bikes they are only replacing the forks that had a manufacturing fault
And as the actual number of affected forks is probably in the low hundreds this should for a company the size of BMC should only take weeks not months to replace each customers affected fork

But my real issue with BMC is not the perceived slowness in the handling of the recall although annoying but rather the lack of contact from BMC to their end customer/user about the safety of their products
I love these bikes, I have wanted a BMC since I saw Tyler Hamilton ride one in the early noughties and finally bought two last year to replace my two R5 VWDs and I'm not sure if its the move from mechanical to electronic, rim to disc, 23c to 25c tubeless or the Cervelo frame to BMC frame or a combination of all but these bikes really are a pleasure to ride and have not regretted my purchase up to now but I keep coming back to one major issue that I have with BMC and this recall and that is that somebody in BMC has made the commercial decision that despite having all my contact details and the fact that I'm using bikes affected by this recall that I the end user of these bikes does not need to be officially contacted by BMC and that to me is a red flag to any future purchases of BMC bikes