View Single Post
Old 01-24-20, 01:58 PM
FlashBazbo
Chases Dogs for Sport

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 94 Posts
It has been twelve (12) days since I sent my latest email to BMC. Today, I received a response. I'm not sure how I feel about the response, but it IS a response. And it shows a willingness to do something to make the situation less bad. Here's the text, edited slightly to eliminate personal identifying information:

Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately we've had some delays on replacement forks in the Race Grey color, and with the Chinese New Year approaching we will soon be subject to a production halt for the month of February. Our current ETA for a replacement fork that is color matched to your Teammachine SLR01 Disc is early March.

According to our records you had your Teammachine SLR01 Disc recall safety inspection completed through xxxxxxx Bike Shop. We're having a placeholder fork sent to their store in the Team Red color (image attached) as a placeholder until the matching color fork becomes available. This way you're able to get back on the road safely in the quickest way possible.

The safety of our customers is our highest priority. BMC sincerely apologizes for the situation, and would like to thank you for your support.

- Your BMC Switzerland Team
Not ideal, obviously. But I have a feeling the "early March" ETA is no more firm than the late November, early December, mid December, early January, mid January, and late January ETAs I have been given to this point. [Recall that my original guess was that November would turn into April.] An "early March" ETA sounds pretty unlikely to me. So . . . do I let them install the off-color fork with the idea of coming back to replace the fork again when/if a race grey fork becomes available? I hate to. But then, if I don't, I could lose the Spring / early Summer cycling season with this bike.

The saga continues.
Likes For FlashBazbo: