Old 10-25-18, 01:24 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by sarals
Thanks, all of you, for the help and support over the last couple of seasons. Women's voices here and in most racing forums are sparse, too sparse. With that, I'm going to step away.

By the way, I did have success at Worlds. I took the bronze medal in the 500M TT for 65+ women. I also rode a PB in the flying 200, not quite getting to my goal of sub 13 seconds (and a shot at the WR), but I am pleased.

Thanks, everyone.

May we ask why?

Female participation in track cycling in the US has always been relatively low outside of a few bright spots like TTown and Alpenrose (and I'm sure others). I think the same holds for all genres of cycling. It's a sport that's simply not as popular with women as, say, running or tennis.

Also, there are females that are active on this board that just don't mention that they are female.

This board has never been any sort of "[insert sub-group] In Track Cycling" board. All of the advice generally applies to all groups with allowances for juniors or older masters who have inherent age-related challenges. I mean, cycling is a niche sport (especially in North America) and track cycling is a niche within the niche. Why that is is a long or short story, depending on who you ask.

Last edited by carleton; 10-25-18 at 01:25 PM. Reason: typo