Old 02-01-19, 11:36 PM
dksix

Bikes: Basso Luguna, Fuji Nevada

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4261 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rogerogeroge
I live in East TN and I've done the Creeper at least 20 times. Always out and back from Abingdon for the 66 miles round trip. Except the last two times. First exception friend went down, hit his pectoral plate (?) pretty hard so we rode back to Abingdon and picked him up in the truck. The second time was with my brother on his MTB, we rode 53 from Damascus-White Top-Damastus-Almost Abingdon-Demascus.

I'm 55 years old now. Used to ride Abingdon-White Top-Damascus, stop in Dam. for late lunch and a couple of brewskies, then ride to Abingdon, and two hour drive back home. Now I start in Damacus, ride to White Top, back to Dam. and eat, and don't worry if I make it all the way to Abingdon and back to Dam.

Hit me up if you have questions. DS, great pics!
I've never done the whole trail, last time I was up there I rode 25 miles in from Abington and back. I didn't go any last year but didn't ride much of anywhere last year. I live between Erwin and Greeneville and almost always ride roads in a 20 mile radius from my home, go to the Tweesie or ride in the Paint Creek/Hot Springs area. I almost always ride alone, so it's just whereever whenever when the mood hits me.

Here's a pic from the Creeper..........

From the top of Viking Mountain, this is about 12 miles and 2900' above my parking space at work (I can't make it up and back on my lunch hour)