Old 12-26-15, 06:48 AM
Regulatori

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie
Actually, the float is built into the red cleats, not the pedals. I use the black cleats that have no float. But, yes, those pedals are fantastic and I've got several of them that are still in great condition after tens of thousands of miles.
Yeah, I knew the red vs black cleats caused the float variances. It just seems even with the red cleats, they offer more float than most other modern pedals with 3 variations of cleats. I've never had any tricky situations either where it felt I was going to become unclipped or had difficulty unclipping (my cleats are not exactly clean either). I was just shocked pulling those pedals apart and seeing how over-engineered they are....so many sets of loose bearings.

Yeah, you definitely gain a bit of weight with the DA7401 and they don't win any prizes for looks, but I could see them outlasting a nuclear blast.

What's funny is I'll be stopped filling up my water on a trail and someone will notice the pedals since they do stand out (gray and chunky looking).....I get the "Man, I should have kept mine...those things were 100% reliable/bulletproof."