View Single Post
Old 01-09-19, 11:10 AM
Aubergine 
Bad example

Bikes: Peugeot: AO-8 1973, PA-10 1971, PR-10 1973, Sante 1988; Masi Gran Criterium 1975, Stevenson Tourer 1980, Stevenson Criterium 1981, Schwinn Paramount 1972, Rodriguez 2006, Gitane Federal ~1975, Holdsworth Pro, Follis 172 ~1973, Bianchi '62

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 826 Post(s)
Liked 213 Times in 97 Posts
Originally Posted by wschruba
You can get gold-plated banana plugs in the proper size for generators from the people that sell Sinewave, too. It's a good idea, whichever you do, to stagger the plugs by a centimeter, or so, so you can't accidentally plug it into the wrong wire (or simply reverse the connectors on each wire).

I was going to suggest before you did, though, that you relieve the spade connectors a bit. They need to be snug, but not so tight that they are nigh impossible to remove; stick a slightly small flatblade screwdriver in the female connector, and wallow a bit (hold the connector with a pair of needlenose pliers, if you have to), and test the fit periodically.
My experiences with Old British Motorcycles have led me to distrust banana connectors. :-) When I rewired my 1964 Bonneville I used nice fat wire and spade connectors, which I secured further with shrinkwrap over the attached connectors. I defied those connectors to vibrate apart!! But yeah, I can see that relieving the connectors would help.