Old 09-27-19, 03:19 PM
Fen

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by trailangel
So what's the problem? What was the problem?
Ride leader (male Cat 1 podium finisher who I know slightly) assuring me that ride was open to all skill levels and making sure there were multiple routes and guides on newly opened trails = not annoying, inclusive behavior

Sweep/easy level guide (male friend and accomplished rider who built many of these trails and wants to show them off) calling out trail features ahead of time, offering tips/suggestions and laughing with us = not annoying

Faster male rider I cut off by accident blowing off my apology and going around me to catch up with his friends = not annoying

Mostly roadie (older male, roughly same skill level) 1) assuming I was only on ride because I was married to Sweep (why couldn’t I be there because I like to ride and why is it unusual for me to have a platonic opposite sex friend in the local mtb community?) 2) Asking my age (middle, as if that matters) and experience (who cares if ride leader doesn’t) 3) suggesting I might be better off on the road shortly after saying that he found road biking to be easier than this ride and 4) congratulating me on “going over the hard stuff” and offering advice like “now just keep pedaling” = annoying

Last edited by Fen; 09-27-19 at 03:32 PM.