terrymorse 
climber has-been

Bikes: Scott Addict R1, Felt Z1

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3432 Post(s)
Liked 3,567 Times in 1,793 Posts
Originally Posted by sanmateoclimber
after one day of rest and feeling down on myself, I got back on the saddle last Monday and committed myself to finding out what a proper ten hour week feels like. I started the week with some longer, flatter rides where I focused on intensity over flats and gentler climbs. Things got dicey for my ten hour plan when a cold front came in Thursday and brought some hardcore winds with it, but I stuck it out and got some good wind conditioning in. I finished the hours off strong with a great ride yesterday, knocked off a good PR on Kings Mountain (another good climb in the area,) and just generally enjoying myself cruising through the redwoods on a beautiful day.
Well done, I'm glad you had a good week. I also dug in last week, after a not-so-good week prior, and managed to put in a little over 13 hours.

Those winds on Thursday were quite the nuisance on open ground, but they weren't a bother on Old la Honda (another local climb). That's a nice thing about the local climbs, they are well sheltered by forest. Lots of debris on the road, though, making descending more exciting than usual.

Congratulations on your Kings Mountain PR! In addition to Kings, did you try Tunitas (the site of your bonk) again? Nothing better for your confidence than accomplishing a climb that bested you. Yesterday was a beautiful fall day. I rode the Kings-Lobitos-Tunitas climbs, trying not to wear myself out. It worked, the whole ride was free of suffering!

Likes For terrymorse: