Old 02-19-20, 05:21 PM
busygizmo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by davei1980
That's awesome info!! Thank you!

Could the bakery you loved so much be the Black Salt Cafe in Kootenay Bay? Just on the east side of the lake? If so, we loved it there too.

If you wish to explore near Nelson more I would suggest also Kaslo, which is north of there. Awesome little town, super relaxing. And if you do make it to Jasper/Banff we really loved Radium Hot Springs.

I know there is a really awesome cycling community up there, can't wait to see what trouble I can get in to on my new everything bike! It's got 3" wide tires, rigid-specific design, and braze ons for more packs and mounts than I know what to do with!!

I had to look it up, the bakery was right by the Balfour ferry dock and is the Old World Bakery. The cookie was so big it filled one of my jersey pockets and I regretted not being able to carry more because several pastries looked great.

Kaslo looks really cool! That lake is huge, I forget how long it is. We have the Ainsworth Hot Springs on our to-do list for our next visit.

Radium is one of those places I've never been to but remember seeing pictures of when I was a kid a wished I could go there.

You could spend a ton of time up there and not see everything there is to see, amazing how many National and Provincial Parks there are there.