View Single Post
Old 07-29-19, 01:37 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10969 Post(s)
Liked 7,495 Times in 4,191 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder
I'm sorry your low-quality online store for fred parts has changed.
Nashbar had a mix of low quality and high quality. It had a mix of fred and non-fred too. It was an excellent site up until the last 18months when inventory began dropping.

Great place for some good jersey, sock, and glove deals. The ever changing inventory of bar tape would net good buys at times. Many solid tire deals thru the years on quality tires. I have a handful of Nashbar/Forte branded tools that have lasted and were much cheaper than Pedro/Park. Oh, and the ever changing saddle stock was great too- picked up a few quality saddles for good prices thru the years. Wheels too- Ive bought a few sets and the value for cost is/was excellent for each.

Looking back- when Nashbar stopped restocking their generic road, cx, and MTB frames- the end was near. Thats also around when they stopped stocking their house branded carbon forks, shifters, etc and the overall component selection dropped.

Anyways- I get that its fun to call the site a fred supporter, but it ran the gamut in terms of price and quality.
Likes For mstateglfr: