View Single Post
Old 01-27-20, 04:54 PM
timtak

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.2 SL 2007, Look KG386, R022 Re-framed Azzurri Primo, Felt Z5, Trek F7.3 FX

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill in VA
I would be very surprised that a company that is so protective of its pricing and distribution network of its legitimate product would EVER let "seconds" be sold or even taken from the factory, even is rendered 'sterile" by removing branding. My call, they are PRC sourced COUNTERFEITS.
Maybe but, if they were counterfeits that were that good at replicating the pedal/mechanism part, then I would have thought that they would have replicated the axle, but the axle was completely different. There was for instance, no flat part on the axle to tighten it but rather used an Allen key through the crank. And they were sold as another brand. Perhaps they were counterfeit seconds.

I have also purchased some light bladed spoked deep rimmed wheels which look identical to a famous brand, had that brand's rim tape, but no branded printing and a slight bump/gap at the join in the wheel. I asked for a partial refund due to the gap and was told at this price, that is what you should expect. I am still using those ones gap and all. I presumed that they were seconds that had failed the famous brand's QA too. But maybe not.