View Single Post
Old 10-21-19, 01:15 PM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,237 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Sharp stuff. Shame to hear the BB isn't a great fit, but all part of the process. Helps to have a big pile of them!

I'd complement the Pelago front rack with a matching Pelago commuter rear rack. The finishes would match, and you could get them both level. The latter is the biggest thing letting down the existing rear rack when combined with the Pelago front. On its own, it's not as noticeable.

-Kurt
Yeah bottom brackets are generally pretty cheap so it'll be alright. I'll need to disassemble the chaincase to see how far we're off but I expect about 10-15mm.

The Pelago rear is pretty nice but it might be a bit overkill for my usage. I'll throw the RoadAce's rack on a scale some time and see how much it weighs, it feels pretty light.
Luckily I have a shop nearby that sells Pelago bikes so I can probably just drop by to see it in person.