View Single Post
Old 03-29-20, 11:53 AM
wawine

Bikes: 1959 Bianchi Team issue ex G Barale, 1964 Garlatti, 1971 Cinelli SC Spence Wolfe, 1980 Bianchi Rekord 748, 1982 Raleigh Comp MKII, 1989 Vitus 979 / Chorus

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by m_sasso
I own a 79 Record Professional, no top tube cable guides, same fork, same BB shell, same short point seat stay caps, different long point lugs, different rear brake bridge, different chain stay bridge, braze on FD bracket, different chromed Campagnolo rear drop outs. I also have 1982 Telaio da Corsa Rossin Record same BB shell, same short point lugs, same chain stay bridge, different internal rear brake cable, different braze on FD bracket, different fork, different long point seat stay caps, different Columbus rear drop outs, different rear brake bridge.

The record series of SL frames seem to be all over the place, very difficult to find exact time frames as to when they were built, Super Record, Professional and Record all the same frames, the real differences were in the components bolted on. The companies production bikes at this time seemed to only provide needed income for their racing interests.

As a keeper paint it, painting and for sale is only going to be a loosing proposition, you are not going to get your time and money out of the bike. To many other more collectable Rossin's like the Ghibli and Prestige frames.

They do ride wonderfully, however, you don't seem to be interested in their ride qualities currently.
thanks for the information. This bike is too small for me, so out it goes. Ride quality doesn’t matter if the bike doesn’t fit. It is also much newer than my interest. This will help fund my recent (last 6 months) keepers: 1945 Benotto Cambio Corsa, 1940’s Vecchietti Vittoria Giuseppina, 1962 Paratella IBAC team bike and 1976 Singer.

I am pretty experienced at buying and selling bikes, so I appreciate the information on this one, and am pretty confident about selling it and doing just fine!