View Single Post
Old 04-13-20, 07:43 AM
PugRider

Bikes: Fuji Sportif 1.7C, Shogun Metro AT, Jamis Durango SX, Miyata Alumicross, Fuji Special Road Racer, Mongoose ATB, Fuji SST 1.0 Team, Gitane (?), Specialized Rockhopper SS, Univega Gran Turismo, Univega Supra Sport Mixte, Nishiki Tri-A, Diamondback Coil

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by DQRider
I've added a front rack to my Peugeot Canyon Express, which I have dubbed "La Bête" (The Beast), and that has transformed this bike from a historic novelty into a fully mission-capable transport for precious commodities.

The rack seems perfectly suited to hold a 12-pack of beer or two 4-packs of bicycle-themed, locally-brewed cider:

The big tires, inflated to only 40psi, soak up the bumps well enough to prevent the dreaded spray when you pop the top. It's nice to be able to put this noble French steed to work.

Lovely bike, so nicely done. My Paris Express is the bike that got me back into riding eight years ago. It was my all-rounder for a while, but now it's been set up for errands and such. It's a little more lower-end than yours, but it's one of the French-made ones, it has a 21.1 stem and a Swiss-threaded BB. It's probably the most hassle-free of all the bikes I own. Anyways, like others have said, beautiful treatment there of a bike that really deserves it.
DSC_0012 by Eat More Plants1, on Flickr
Likes For PugRider: