View Single Post
Old 08-03-17, 06:45 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 310 Times in 218 Posts
Originally Posted by badger1
Tend to agree re. the wheels; 32 f/r would make more sense, and certainly minimum 28/32 f/r.

Pricing -- ikr? We are in the same boat here in Canada relative to the US: pricing differentials are not proportionate to exchange differentials. Compounding that some brands (Trek, Specialized) are worse than others (Giant) when it comes to base pricing.

D'you have VAT or equivalent included in price? We don't, but the Crosstrail Elite Carbon is right at $2000 Cdn (= 2000 Aud today), + 13% HST.

We have a 10% GST/VAT, but the Crosstrail Elite Carbon was $AUD1,800 a few weeks ago, now it is $AUD2,200.

As I have stated before, I am not sure that a Carbon frame that comes at a hefty price premium, works well with Mountain Bike inspired hybrids, and with this latest outrageous price hike over an already expensive bike, I honestly would not be surprised if they fail to sell a single one of these bikes in Australia at that price.

Between Giant's Roam and Toughroad models, one would have to be mad to buy this Crosstrail Elite Carbon at $AUD2,200.