View Single Post
Old 01-21-19, 07:20 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
If they post a picture prominently on their site of a person riding in the cargo bin .... what did they expect? As fro cargo carrying ... I can load so much on a standard bike with panniers i cannot pedal the bike. What do i need more for? I once loaded four hand drums, each about a foot or so in diameter and with the overall rig, stands included, weighing Way too much, on the back of my rack ... with panniers carrying the rest of my gear. Comically enough ... this extendable bike would not have offered any better carrying options.

From the site: "With a quick lifting move, the rear wheel is able to fold out of the basket. This creates space for groceries, sport equipment or a child’s seat. Its volume offers space for two crates of water."

In other words, everything any of my working bikes offer, plus the added weight, complexity and numerous added failure-points provided by the folding option.
Maybe they thought it would show the sturdiness/strength of the system...
or with the E-assist option it could really work, especially with the N. American way of looking on these kind of things... What can I do with the least amount of "effort" & cost...