View Single Post
Old 07-02-19, 10:53 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Not a good night on the bike. Felt great, expected to break pr's but do to a mix of poor pack navigation and bad timing the opposite happened and by the end of it I wanted to toss my bike off a cliff. TBF, about 80% of my issues are bike handling or just not managing where I am in the pack. Its never been good, but since my accident 2 years ago its never gotten back to where it was. So I either figure it out or I don't and if I don't I shouldn't even bother racing (granted the cornering I have an issue with is on descents at speed not on the flats).

The other big thing is our team has picked up a few riders, and these guys are just 10 levels above me. They're all great kids, but there's no scenario where I can help them in any form. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but getting your teeth kicked in at every group ride is a huge confidence killer. Last race we went against another team full of Junior Cat 3s and they kinda called our team out because of my poor race (which is probably why that weekly race only has Cat 3's and a few really fast 4's racing it).

I rant here too much I know so hopefully this is the last one!