Old 07-03-19, 09:21 AM
wktmeow

Bikes: CAAD 10

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Assuming a sedentary job. Sure, I get up for coffee, to see colleagues, go to meetings, or to walk something out on the site for 30min once in a while..........but I've got a sedentary job. We also watch some Netflix or whatever at night once the kids are in bed. Sure I mow grass, help cook and clean, and wrangle the kids and entertain them. I would assume the guy in our local A ride hammer group that has the hardest time is the guy who has a construction crew. On his feet all day often in non airconditioned unfinished houses. No idea how he manages.

Also, to claim ignorance........it wasn't my idea, I just tend to agree with the idea to a point:

"And for time-crunched cyclists, both the need for prolonged recuperation and the risk of overtraining are already reduced because your busy work and family schedules result in relatively low training volume and abundant time for recovery."
I'm not sure I fully agree. Yes, there's plenty of time for the muscles to recuperate, but the endocrine response from other life events can't be ignored. If you're stressed out and your cortisol levels are high, you may be otherwise sedentary but still not able to recover adequately.
Likes For wktmeow: