View Single Post
Old 09-16-19, 06:39 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by sjanzeir
Dude, you broke the chain!

In other words, there's no disputing the usefulness of drop bars in competitive cycling. Commutess and many others were debating the usefulness of drop bars for non-competitive cyclists, i.e. the rest of us, the "others", the dullards who so brazenly dare to muddy up the purity of the temple that is Bike Forum. Which is the whole point of this thread, if I recall.
I can't speak for all non-competitive cyclists, but this one has both drop bar and flat bar bikes, and has done 150 mile plus rides on both types. I love riding with both, but I do find the bike easier to control on the hoods rather than holding bar ends because of the location of the brake handles. One thing that hasn't been mentioned, though, is that I find the wider range of postures you get with drop bars is also a comfort factor in long rides for body parts, not just hands.

That being said, I am very comfortable on my FX, but I'm definitely as comfortable on my drop bars.