View Single Post
Old 01-19-20, 10:18 AM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
With mixed enthusiasm for getting slushy and salty I aired down the corpulent Schwalbe Marathon Winter 29”x2.5” studded tires on my old Gary Fisher hybrid for some fender flap dragging fun. I headed over to the rail trail in Weston. The path had plenty of footsteps in the 4 inches or so of soft snow. I found that the drag caused by my fender flap plowing through the snow was going to be an ever present companion. What I couldn’t get used to however is the parabolic arc that I rode across the path in a desperate attempt to go straight! I eventually discovered that riding through the virgin snow on the side of the path was my best bet. That was until I found myself falling down the side of the inclined terrain that is next to the paved surface. Having regained my footing and avoiding a face full of snow I got off the path at Miriam st and pedaled that beast home for a whopping 10 miles. Since I slipped my phone into the handlebar bag getting some in the go pictures was possible.