View Single Post
Old 03-16-20, 07:55 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
So my day started with an emergency meeting. How are we going to proceed? Logistics and big picture.

Ok got it.

I call an emergency meeting of my department. Ok team here’s how we’re doing things.

One hour later, I call an emergency meeting. Disregard what I said in the previous emergency meeting, that’s now obsolete. Here’s what we’re doing now.

And so on.

Then San Francisco goes under lockdown. Me, to myself: jeez, I wonder what the definition of “lockdown” is?

It means non-essential personnel can’t go anywhere for the most part, certainly not to work. But I’ve got a doodle with encephalitis in the hospital and a Maltese to unparalyze tomorrow. So: now I wonder what the definition of “essential” is.

Still not 100% sure but it seems like veterinarians and veterinary technicians are “essential” as far as being able to go to work and treat hospitalized patients.

Ok, good to go.

Then I learn that an employee at the practice is sick and has been tested for coronavirus. We are waiting for the test result. If it comes back positive, then what? We are closed for business, that’s what.

I can’t keep up. I am the one who organizes everyone else and says Ok all y’all here’s what we’re doing. Not now. I have no idea what’s going on anymore.