View Single Post
Old 03-16-20, 10:27 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by WalksOn2Wheels
Wow, sorry to hear it. I have had similar upheavals with work, but I'm not the main person calling all the shots for the entire group. I can't imagine the stress.
Plus I don’t know what happens financially if we shut down. Vet med does not operate on huge margins and the basic construct is: you don’t work, you don’t get paid. Maybe there’s some mitigation of that because we’re owned by a big corporation now. So I feel like I can’t address the possibility that we will be shut down if we get one corona positive person, without being able to say what will happen to people financially. Yet it seems deceptive not to say anything.

Theyre working on this furiously at the levels above my pay grade, closed door meetings and conference calls. Can they afford to pay people, yes or no? They need to decide pretty quickly. Personally I think corporate has to find a way to do something or those employees will be lost forever to them and it will be hard for the corporation and it’s individual practices to bounce back.

So I say a lot of “I don’t know” these days. Also: “Here’s what I do know” but that’s really not too much.