Old 12-29-20, 04:41 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
Originally Posted by PIFFLE
veganbikes Agreed RE: Zipp logos, wasn't first choice but component availability lousy w covid buying spree - will replace w Ride Farr "Headspace" stem presently on its way and will eventually get a wider Thomson Ti bar.

Screwed up not getting shallower rims that I think look better on a steel frame so I'm getting creative with tires to compensate for aesthetic of the deep-V Ailerons -_-
Yeah that has been fun this year. Luckily the parts I bought this year were from Paul and he and his crew were still shipping and creating. I skipped my other build because I couldn't get the parts easily. It would have been buying one piece at a time here and there and could easily lead to more indecision and wanting to change or compromise. Hopefully next year or the year after, it's not like I don't have a bunch of bikes and I finally got my mountain bike up and running so I should be good on fun toys.

The Thomson Ti bars are nice but you may consider these: https://www.ticycles.com/store-all/h...5-318-titanium. Made in America and way cheaper but still of good quality. Also you can do custom stuff and do an integrated bar stem combo in Titanium and some other really fun shapes and sizes.