View Single Post
Old 04-16-21, 10:13 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
my wife was an avid cyclist and we used to do many rides including centuries until she developed a severe case of RA. It was far too painful for her to ride so she gave it up for 7 years until she got an e-bike and now I can't tell you how much joy her e-bike has provided being able to ride again. This is also true for a long time female friend of the family who also got RA and had To give up cycling (she rode the entire west coast in one trip). Now she is back at it and is thrilled.

So hate away, but for many, an e-bike is life changing.

Pretty sure you're scolding him for a pretty good joke about it being downhill both ways, but I think it's always good to have the reminder about why ebikes have been liberating for a lot of people.

I don't have any interest in them for my use, but I don't get the hate for them that people often express. I think we should be happy for your wife and glad to have her company on the roads and paths.