View Single Post
Old 07-06-18, 02:46 PM
Spencer Guzman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boshk
Anyone ever gone from their stock Praxis to a Shimano crankset and noticed better shifting?

I have a Specialized with stock standard Praxis Alba 48/32 crankset.
Tiagra 10spd shifter
Tiagra 10spd 11-32
Tiagra F and R derailleur
KMC 10 spd chain

I've seen all the youtube videos on front derailleur setup and already done it 3 times over the last 6 months and it still doesn't shift smoothly.

Its aligned parallel, 1mm from the biggest tooth on the big ring, the tension adjuster is already at max.

It shifts perfectly from 48 to 32, always, 100% of the time but its the shifting from 32 to 48 big ring that is a little annoying. It either can't shift up or it does. It never feels....'smooth'. It always leaves me wondering if it will shift.

I'm debating getting a Shimano 105 50/34 since my other components are all tiagra. Naturally I would have to get adapters or a Praxis BB to accommodate the shimano 24mm axles.

Suggestion?
it may not be your crankset, but more your front deraullier. I had a 2016 Specialized Diverge DSW with complete 105 5800 series. For some reason, that bike with the long arm front deraullier design never shifted right up front. Upon upgrading the 105 front deraullier to the new design I have had no problem running my Praxis or 105 crankset. BTW I currently only ride Praxis.

Cheers,

Spencer