Old 07-12-18, 01:11 PM
124Spider

Bikes: 2016 Cervelo R3 2018 Rodriguez Tandem

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes

We have been riding tandems beginning in 1980 and I thought it was this year that we truly clicked in a tandem race. My wife and I are both trackies and race road and track with focus on timed events such as road time trials and pursuit and team events such as team pursuit at the track.....

Thanks so much for this!

We recognized our issues quickly, and got pedal-based power meters. My wife is very much interested in contributing, and the power meters have been a very useful tool for her to see what I'm doing vs. what she's doing when we're on the tandem, and it especially has been enlightening for her to see that she really doesn't work hard on a bike (as a default). So she's really stepped up her game! She rides her single to work and back a couple of times each week during the good weather/long daylight part of the year (about 13 miles each way, with significant climbing), and she now has an objective metric to work with; it's really helped.

I'm confident that we'll figure this out in time, but the help is much-appreciated!

Mark