Old 05-10-19, 10:31 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Recently I basically worked around not being able to run GC on my work laptop by implementing the math in Excel and doing the modelling with virtual elevation. I got it much more accurate by adding in the wind vectors.

I analyzed some past looped TT's from my old road/clipon setup and the current TT bike setup with new position.

The road bike with clip ons came out to a CdA at about 0.27 to 0.29 with skinsuit, Giro Adv 2 helmet.

The TT bike with new position and same suit/helmet came out to a CdA at about 0.215 to 0.220.

Currently CRR is in the range of .400. Kinda crap, but that's an easy fix.

I have figured out that for the power outputs I'm giving it, the results aren't unreasonable.

I've got work to do on "real world" power out put on that bike. The workout numbers indoors on a trainer in "best case, controlled environ" are not going to be close to a real world TT ride.

For TT distances, I'd be down immediately to closer to hour power or ftp power solely based on duration being longer than 20min and up to an hour. So, say 285. Then, I've NEVER done actually 95% of my 20min power for an hour. So, were' down to probably 275 now. In road position.

Then, apply a penalty for not having the hours on the TT bike position and we're down even more. Say 95% and we're at 260w.

So far I'm seeing a well paced ride maxing out at about 240w AP. So, I'm realistically about 20w short.

I've done 260w for an hour without too much fanfare indoors in road position. I need to get that moved over into TT position.

I see some sucky time spent on that bike in the future.

Probably a weekly outdoor TT simulation ride at least. And one of my two HIIT workouts per week in TT stance.

240w is just anemic.