Old 05-14-19, 10:10 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
@burnthesheep You position on the bike looks excellent and better than most that I see. I would check your camera angle on the front view. It looks like it might be a tad low thus giving the impression that your head is higher than it is.

My fitter / aero tester at Velo Sports Center would give you a type I back which is a back that is flat. My wife's back is flat like yours and she has 130 degrees of hamstring flexibility. I have a type II back that has a hump in it like Lance. Although, Lance's hump did not hurt him.

Bars tilted up to 10 cm may be your best position but I would check using the Chung method. They may not be. The same is true for your hands. VSC aero testing has tested hand position over and over and it varies. Some test better with the hands rolled under the bar.

Your elbows could come in a tad and round your shoulder more. I cannot do that. My shoulders are broad and my best position is with my arms straight down. It is something to play around with. As a side note, moving the arms in may cause the head to pop up such that the overall effect is more drag.