Old 06-12-20, 07:32 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3462 Post(s)
Liked 1,468 Times in 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by Miele Man
I'm going to be looking for some clincher rims that have the same spoke bed diameters as some of my tubular wheel rims. When I find those I'm going to switch the rims and spokes to the new clincher rims and build the wheels myself. It's worth it to me since the hubs are either Dura Ace EX or Campagnolo.

Cheers
I did something similar about three years ago, bought a used wheel with a dynohub but the rim was much narrower than I wanted, it was sized for a tire width from 18 to 23mm which is narrower than any tire I have ever used. Searched around for new rims with the same or similar ERD and found one with the width I wanted. Taped the two rims together with the valve stem hole lined up right and transferred nipples, one at a time. Worked great.

Make sure you get the right pattern, I think the proper term is French pattern or European pattern to match your existing rim.