View Single Post
Old 06-24-20, 09:32 AM
sallii3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Building a bike

In parallel to buying a bike from CL and LBS, I want to learn to build a bike. I've been riding on and off the since 2012, mostly for commuting purposes (in NYC w Citibike, Berlin w second hand bike, probably stolen and sold at a flea market and Singapore w a Btwin from Decathlon - first bike I bought). Currently, I would like to have a bike to explore the neighborhood I am in (comfortably going for longer distances) and to throw into my workout mix. My last bike was a Btwin Hybrid bike and would like to stay with a hybrid or road bike. I understand the pros and cons and when shopping I am searching for both.

Okay back to back to the bike build. I understand there are YouTube videos which will each me many things and I am sure there are threads here which will also teach me what I need to know. I want to however start from the basics the very basic and I guess more technical areas of bike structure and parts, if that makes sense. Also on bike history and information on vintage/classic bikes. I'm not sure if riders sorta fall into an area of expertise based on interest and experience. For me, I looking for a starting point and some guided sources and to avoid being fire hosed with information.

Thanks in advance!