kingston 
Jedi Master

Bikes: http://stinkston.blogspot.com/p/my-bikes.html

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1759 Post(s)
Liked 488 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
This is where I started as well, but I saw absolutely no perceptible difference between the UltraFast recipe and straight paraffin. No change in shift quality, chain noise, or longevity. My biggest overall change came from softening the wax by mixing in the Mr. Zogs.
The teflon & moly are in there to reduce friction which would likely be imperceptible to a normal human. I don't think they are intended to improve noise, shifting or longevity. I have only ever used the UltraFast recipe, so I don't have any basis for comparison. I did a little research on DIY surfboard wax, and I think I can just add some beeswax and coconut oil to achieve the same thing as the Zogs. I'll need tree resin for the cold-water formulation, but I think I'll just skip that since you said the formulation doesn't matter. I also did a little research on slick 50, and it's just teflon with "an advanced chemical support package designed to bond a specially activated PTFE to the metal in your engine" Sounds like marketing mumbo-jumbo to me, so I'll just stick with the moly and teflon and brew up a batch with some paraffin wax, beeswax, coconut oil, and maybe a bit of kerosene if I'm feeling giddy that day. Probably won't be util next season since I only have one crockpot, and I'll use up what's in there first.