Old 08-16-19, 03:39 PM
skou

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bertinjim
skou-

The Peugeot looks to be a mid-80s PBN 10 as bikemig suggested. I had a similar model in Vitus 181 tubing that I put alloy fenders on but be aware that the clearances are tight in the rear so the bike will be limited in tire size to around a 700C x 28 tire. Also, you will need to partially deflate the rear tire to remove or reinstall the wheel in the frame when you wish to do so. The price at $235 is fair and don't be too concerned with the decal placements and style. Peugeot varied its decal style in different markets and it was quite common here in Canada to see Canadian made Peugeots with very different decals to Peugeots of the same model year which had been made in France and imported.
Glad to hear some more comments on the bike! Thank you. I don't think I quite understand what you mean by this part:

"Also, you will need to partially deflate the rear tire to remove or reinstall the wheel in the frame when you wish to do so"

Why would it be necessary to deflate the rear tire to remove/reinstall it in the frame? Can you please elaborate? According to seller should this Peugeot have been imported from France, so I guess it should be straight outta the factory in France? Maybe it is just me that can't find a model where the decals match a 100%.