Old 12-08-20, 09:54 AM
83cannondale

Bikes: Trek Domane SL7 83 Cannondale, 70s Raleigh International, 70s Bob Jackson, 70s Gitane tandem, 2018 Trek Domane SL7, Giant Yukon MTB

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Bisaddle - has anyone tried one for rando?

Hi - I'm trying to workout saddle problem - perineum issues butt mostly sit bones - I do about 5000 miles a year, up to 600k brevets. Did pbp last year. I've used B17, SMP drakon and lite 209, selle anatomica, Something weird I discovered was that my sit bones are uneven and maybe not symmetrically centered...! Looking at my B17 and Selle Anatomica I see the right side indent is deeper than the left side. Sitting on the lite 209 I feel pressure on the right side while the left actually feels like it hangs off the saddle. I've tried all positioning I can think of, nose up, nose down, saddle canted right and left.

Sit bones measure between 90 and 100 mm.

So, thinking the Bisaddle might be good. However I'm a little put off by the sophisticated marketing they use, also, I called the company and the owner has a few different companies reachable using the same phone number... Not sure what that means, Maybe the guy is a good marketer and is pushing a variety of products? If so, why a bike seat? High margin? Dunno -

Anyway, if it works, it works. So, any fellow rando or ultra guys had experience with Bisaddle to solve seat issues.? Your input is greatly appreciated as it will blow a big hole in my biking budget if I buy one. They do have a return program, which is good.

Thanks

Todd ( 83cannondale)