View Single Post
Old 06-08-19, 11:07 AM
brianinc-ville

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
Looks like it might be a 3-speed with coaster brake, but I don't see a shifter -- maybe slightly obscured by the handlebar?
It's a 7-speed Nexus w/ coaster brake, I'm fairly certain -- the shifter is probably this one:

I'm buying this bike with a very specific purpose in mind: my wife and I both commute by bike, and since our daughter was born (she's almost 5 months old now), we've been carrying her with a Douze cargo bike (which is completely amazing -- I can't recommend it highly enough). But it often happens that we need to switch bikes -- if, say, I take the baby to campus, but my wife needs to take her home. So we need another bike that both she (5'6") and I (5'10") can ride, when we're not riding the cargo bike. We both wear dress pants to work, so an IGH and enclosed chain (I'm fond of the Hebie Chainglider) are a must. I'm not wild about coaster brakes, but in most other respects this one seems right for the purpose. If we like it, we might look for a non-coaster-brake IGH rear wheel and/or a generator front wheel.
Likes For brianinc-ville: