Old 03-19-16, 06:55 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Dalai
Thanks. Scary to think that was nearly 20's ago!

Work has access to a sports hall across the road and offers daily lunch sessions with free basket ball, indoor soccer and badminton. I've rarely joined in, till a couple of colleagues talked me in to coming across for Badminton about a month ago. Been heading over once a week for this since and looking at going over for the second lunchtime session. Amazing the workout from a one hour block of matches without impacting riding!

Found paddling a great workout too but haven't been getting out due to the hassle of getting the kayak to the river. Therefore I'm planning on joining a local kayak club this July so I can store my K1 down at the river in the boat shed. That way I can ride my bicycle to the river for a pre-work session, as I find other than taking time from bike training it doesn't impact my riding physically and is a great core and upper body workout that is neglected with on bike only training.
20 years...yeah, I know. It seems that a lot has changed since I was participating in the sport.

I've been curios about badminton. I've seen some guys play seriously and it was impressive.