View Single Post
Old 01-01-24, 12:36 PM
randywall

Bikes: Trek FX 3 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I will soon be 63, and am returning to biking because mallet finger followed by 2 strained tendons in the rotator cuff have forced a hiatus in golf, which I took up 12 years ago. I moved from San Diego to the Pacific Northwest in 1993, and in the interim, probably haven't logged more than 100 miles cycling. After joining my grandson on a local 10 mile ride in the summer (Tour de Whidbey), I decided the old bike had its best days long behind it, and especially wanted the performance of hydraulic brakes given my finger limitations.
I only test drove 2 bikes, but the FX 3 felt really good. The LBS has 3 locations, and I went to one further away to test ride this one. They were going to finish prep/tuning it before sending it to the shop closest to me. I should have it in 1 or 2 days. I expect my first few rides will not be more than a mile or 2. I don't think I will get back to the level of riding the San Diego canyons for several hours like I did in my 30's, but hopefully will get to a 10 mile ride a couple of times a week, and maybe have a reason for taking the bike with us on our A-Frame pop-up camping trips.