rjones28 
Mostly Harmless

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13726 Post(s)
Liked 4,536 Times in 2,512 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder
My wife started dog sitting as a side gig (Rover dot com, think airbnb but for dog boarding) and we thought it would be a fun little side gig because we love dogs and dogs are awesome and and what could be negative about getting paid to hang out with some bonus dogs?

You guys. It's surprisingly stressful. Most dogs aren't trained at all plus sometimes our own dogs are stressed or jealous plus sometimes the dogs don't leave our cats alone so we have to keep everyone separated and keep an eye on everyone and feeding and walks and monitoring all the various needs of the myriad animals is just... not the most relaxing thing I could be doing with my limited free time. (My wife works from home so it's a little easier for her.)

It doesn't help that I'm usually the first one awake so I get to deal with the feeding shenanigans first thing when I'd rather be drinking my coffee.

Also doesn't help that I've been up since about 2 because one of the boarders was crying so I came downstairs to sleep on the couch to comfort her and never really got much more sleep.

It's 7 am so whenever Mrs. Ksryder decides to drag her ass out of bed in probably 3 hours we're going to have a talk.
Rut, roh.