View Single Post
Old 11-24-20, 04:00 PM
Mattdiano

Bikes: '83 Pinarello Super Record,'83 De Rosa Professional, '84 Guerciotti GLX7600, '91 Merckx Corsa Extra, 2004 Pinarello Dogma AK61 Magnesium, '13 Colnago World Cup, '14 Cinelli Experience, '16 DeRosa Planet

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 22 Posts
Wheel value questions

I have some vintage wheelsets, some with Campy Record and some with Dura Ace hubs. Is it an easier sell to take everything apart and sell the hubs bare, list the rims, in case someone wants them, or should i leave the wheelsets intact and sell that way?

Second question: I have a pair of Campagnolo Victory Strada wheels, with Campy Record hubs. Tubular rims, with original Vittoria tires!. They even hold air! I put 100 psi in them and let them sit for a week! I would never advocate riding these, but amazing that 30 year old sew-ups hold air. My question: Should I leave these intact, tires and everything, for that one guy doing a period specific restore, or pull the tires off and junk them, and then go with whatever the advice for my above question is? The tires are old, and show it, not in great shape, so just not sure what to do. I appreciate all the help!!