Old 07-22-17, 08:47 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1351 Post(s)
Liked 2,497 Times in 1,466 Posts
Thanks Ex for the info. I did not break down the stem to bar connection for shipment. I take the stem off the bike and replace it with another stem to secure the headset and then secure the stem and handlebar to the frame via padding and a tie-wrap.

When I built the bike and Aguascalientes, I put the stem back on the bike and it was good to go.

Also, I had Jim Manton at ERO check my bike and fit for UCI compliance which is another reason for not breaking down the stem to bar joint.

The thing that is annoying is that I had done a lot of starts at VSC and had metrics for 1/4, 1/2 and one lap efforts. I had done a 22.1 first lap and 13.8 1/2 lap. On my first attempt at AC, I did a 14.3 and 22.5 but a 15.9 second lap. I think I was a little tired from the trip and etc.

I thought I could do a 13.4 1/2 lap and 21 opening lap. If I did a 15.9 second or better 2nd lap, I get a 36.9. So I thought with a little bit of magic and luck, I could break 36.96 for the WR.

My goal was to destroy the bike in the start. Mission accomplished but no record and just a sore shoulder to show for it.