View Single Post
Old 03-28-20, 03:18 AM
Grandthings

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Racing Dan
You should be looking for a bike that fits You and is suited for whatever riding you are going to do. Imo, it really doesnt much if its alloy or carbon, or if it has Tiagra components or Ultegra. Sure Ultegra Is nice, but lesser components work perfectly fine and all of them require some regular maintenance to keep working well. I think its wise to choose hydro discs tho, and that is not widely available in cheaper models. Note that many have the idea that carbon is always lighter. Its not. It can be. Check to make sure if its important to you.

Imo, If you want a compliant riding bike, get one that fits 28 mm or wider tyres and back off on the tyre pressure. No need to spend a lot on a compliant frame to compensate for rock hard tyres.
I see, In my opinion carbon or alloy is not important. I do want shimano 105 gears and that combined with disc breaks do not yeild an awful lot of bikes that are not carbon. Especially womens bikes. I did consider a mans one because I am very tall but I dont know how much of a difference it makes.