Old 02-06-20, 10:52 PM
bhdavis1978

Bikes: Jamis Aurora Elite, Jamis Citizen 3.0, Giant TCR Advanced 2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I am glad you found it useful. I recently say the Sigma Aura 80 online and the photos and description made me wonder if it’s actually got a better distribution of light.

I bought my light online from a German retailer. I couldn’t find any light like this in Vancouver, and even when I tried to have stores order it in for me they just tried to tell me that 100 lux wasn’t enough and I should go for 1200 lumens. So much for supporting local bike shops who won’t sell me what I am looking for!

I am quite happy with the Lezyne light. The light it produces on the road is much more useful, I can see much further down the road with it - and I don’t have to worry about dazzling any drivers.

Originally Posted by Russ Roth
Like the difference you show, the whole lumen/lux thing is so annoying for comparative purposes. I've read plenty of articles on the difference and still don't really understand it. I would agree that the lezyne doesn't look as bright but the chimney being visible on the house and those two blocks in the second picture being way more visible really illuminate that it creates a better range of visibility. Going to have to check your light out as I'm looking.
Likes For bhdavis1978: