Old 07-08-20, 03:00 PM
smashndash

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I read that you people out there have a lot of hot head drivers that hate cyclists. So maybe you shouldn't do it there. But here, I stay far enough from the edge of the road that they can't pass when traffic is coming the other way.

I started doing this a long time ago when a small vehicle pulling a boat trailer that was way wider than their car almost hooked me with the fender on the trailer. Haven't had an issue since.
Well... considering that it is illegal for people to cross the double yellow, and many people refuse to do it, people would have to line up behind me or I would constantly have to pull over and let people through.

I do pull over when there is someone behind me who actually tries (bless their heart) to follow the letter of the law and not cross the double yellow AND give me 3 feet. That is rare. I’d rather not pull over for every single car. I’d never get anywhere.

If I choose to be an a-hole and never pull over, or only pull over when there are 4 or more cars behind me... yeah that’s asking to be murdered.

These legislators, or at least Jerry Brown, are so out of touch with what happens in reality that it’s...

well, not so shocking, honestly.