View Single Post
Old 03-26-18, 02:17 PM
robpiat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have been losing weight for the better part of two years at this point. Started pretty fast and slowed down. I needed to find a set of foods that I could sustain, not a "diet". Eating a high protein / fat diet suited me best.

I don't like to call it cheating but I still eat whatever I want periodically. I don't think I even was really in full blown keto and didn't care.

It comes down to calories. There is no games. So from my perspective, if I am going to eat 1500 calories a day, what will give me energy, suppress my appetite, and make me happiest.

I have found that certain foods tend to satify the hunger in smaller quantities. Peanut butter is a good example. I eat ****loads of back. Probably 2-3 Lbs a week.

Pretty much my diet is a list of items that dieteicans choose to avoid.

One thing I learned early on is to avoid exercise when you are trying to lose weight fast. It makes you very hungry and you tend to negotiate with your self.

Here is a rough history of what I did and what I eat

Lunch meat (Usually boars head chipotle chicken) with low carb wraps and cheese
carbmaster or other low sugar high protein yogurt
fairlife or carbmaster milh with protein powder
jif whipped peanut butter
bacon!
pickles
peanuts occassionally
beef jerky
other meats in moderation
cheese in moderation
microwaved crispy pepperoni

I pretty much avoid sugars, breads, pasta etc. Every now and then I will eat some waffle house or a cheeseburger and fries.

I started out dieting and exercising and it was miserable back and forth. I stopped exercising, was pretty rigid on the diet, and lost the first 30-40 lbs in 6 months. Over the past 18 months I have slowly lost another 35 lbs which strenuously exercising and eating a little more than I did the first 6 months. No matter how much I exercise, I don't think I'll ever be able to eat a "normal" diet and eating at restaurants 4 or 5 days a week. People greatly overestimate how much food is the right amount of food based on what their body is telling them and what ia "normal" restaurant servings. I've gone a couple of years with no set backs and fully acclimated to doing it this way. Aside from a major life event, I can't see anything setting me back as I think I have found some balance.

My blood work was pretty good when I started but now falls into the exceptional category for cholesterol, BP, etc. Doctor thinks I am a lunatic but tells me to keep on doing it.

Last edited by robpiat; 03-26-18 at 02:20 PM.